Tuesday, March 31, 2009

snowman nearly done..




which is good, as it's spring now, lol.. (Thanks, Val..)
I've done a grid pattern across the diagonal and the corners are free motion with the BSR foot. Oops.. my bread is done and I need to remove it from the oven.
I'm making a 7 grain bread recipe from my bread machine cookbook but have recently discovered if I use the dough/pasta cycle I can take it out and bake it in the oven and get a much better bread.. the French bread was out of this world!!

Back to the snowman. Here are different views. The first, I've done a view of the grid pattern. I love the Bernina walking foot!!
I had to skip over the appliquéd letters and the snowman but it wasn't hard, just a lot of clipping of threads when I was done.
I'll use a green stripe that coordinates with the brown stripe for the bias binding. The corners had a nearly solid brown fabric so I thought they needed a bit more interest. I did a free motion star and curlicue for those, which was fun....

Hope they show up okay.

Now the bread is actually ready. It needed five more minutes when I checked it last time. MMMMM it sure smells good..

I'm planning to spend more time blogging and reading blogs, and I've also set myself the task of watching the videos I've purchased of thequiltshow.com and the Fons&Porter tips.. I paid for membership at QNN so I really ought to be using it.. got to keep the little grey cells working.
Bread awaits..

1 comment:

SewIknit2 said...

hurrah! you are back to blogging! and fresh bread too? can we have cake next time? ;-)
Super quilting and I agree, too, need to get serious with all whats out there - SEW much!!
Sue xxx