Friday, August 31, 2007

Wow. Here I am, blogging!

Reading the blogs of a couple of friends convinced me that this would be a fun thing to do. I thoroughly enjoyed theirs. Hopefully mine will be an interesting read.

Spent the evening yesterday working on my sampler wallhanging for the Bernina shop. It was a pattern I got at a training seminar last week and is a bit out of my "comfort zone" but I am enjoying the process. I'm using some batiks I had purchased a few years ago, and one bit of fabric from Val (dyeing2sew). I've decided to make two, one for me and one for the shop, so when the other one fades from the fluorescent lights, I'll still have the bright one to remind me of the lovely purple grapey fabric.. pictures later, when it's done.

After fighting with the Aquamarine Ambience designs and directions and not getting all my designs lined up the way I'd like, I decided to try using Faith Reynolds' suggestions to baste the block, and did horizontal, vertical, and diagonal bastes, using the long stitch and pattern extend function on my 200/730. Success !! I had no trouble at all making the pattern line up, and it was easy (with a template printed on vellum) to position the corner embroideries. The quilting went really easily with the walking foot and the BSR.. I do love my Bernina!