Tuesday, February 26, 2008

almost finished one UFO, and finished another

I'm making progress, slow but sure, on my resolution to finish those UFO's!!

If I could only find where I left my camera.. these two pics were already in my computer but I need to take a few pics of my works-in-progress..

I've got all but borders and backing done on my Warm Wishes quilt, from this pattern (www.quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt83) .. I finished the quilt for the store, and wouldn't you know, I forgot to take a picture of the finished quilt but here are two pics of it in progress. It's made using Quest for a Cure fabrics from Northcott, and I love how the teacup quilt design I digitised works so well with the teacups in the borders..
It seems the borders were different widths when I fussy cut them from the striped fabric so I had to do corner blocks. I used Bernina's free download of the breast cancer ribbon, and resized and changed the fill from satin to tatami, then set them off from the borders with little bits of piping made with the pink fabric from the center of the quilt.. it was fun, but I was sure glad it was only a small wall quilt and not a bed-sized quilt !!
Back to the sewing room this afternoon for more UFO work !