Monday, October 15, 2007

going in circles

It's been over a month since I did a blog entry.. yikes.
I've been working on some circular stuff with the Cut-A-Round tool, and I decided to try making that "Waiting For Sunset" quilt in the Bernina publication "Through the Needle" (issue #23)
Then I thought of using the circles I had removed from the backgrounds to do some back art on the quilt. It still needs the machine embroidered applique patches on the front, and then I need to quilt it, but here are the front Drunkard's Path blocks and the back with all its randomly placed circles.
The whole idea was to get out of my comfort zone, and work with random placement instead of "matchy-matchy".. it was very different than anything else I've ever done.
So of course the darn blog program won't let me upload pictures.. LOL that's par for the course..

1 comment:

SewIknit2 said...

Deb, I can't imagine there's MUCH outside of your comfort zone, quilt-y I mean!