Sunday, July 3, 2011

where to begin, or re-begin or whatever you call it.. ?

It's been over a year since I have blogged and people are beginning to ask me if I intend to resume (ah! That's the word I was looking for !) blogging.
I finally worked out just what to click on so I could post again ! (I'm a bit thick at times) I kept finding my blog but not where to add new posts. Where IS Captain Obvious when you need him ?

The past year has been very busy. I returned to Maine in June 2010 and have been trying to get caught up with projects ever since. My previous employer asked me to come back to work at the quilt shop, and I wrecked my car shortly thereafter.. then my husband totaled his on the first significant snowfall of the winter.. and we just kept having one snowfall after another after another..
But eventually spring arrived. Things are green again. Yippee ! And we have lupines !







I spent a lot of time in the sewing room a lot during the bad weather.

I hadn't wanted to do much embroidery on my Bernina because the stitch quality was so bad, but recently I had the machine tuned up and we discovered that I had bent the bobbin case when I dropped it on that lovely tile floor at the Vineyard apartment. It was warped and caused the bobbin to drag and threw the tensions all off! No wonder my stitches were so messed up... I purchased a new bobbin case (Bernina seems to think all Americans are made of money, but that's neither here nor there.)
What a difference it made ! Sew, now I am getting back into the embroidery side of things and I've completed several projects already.

Here is one bag I made for my friend Lynne at the Heath Hen quilt shop. The turquoise and purple table runner was embroidered with a quilting design from Dakota Collectibles as a sample for Creative Sewing Center
The black bag wasn't embroidered but it was such a daunting task I was terrified of starting it. It took me almost three years from the time I bought the pattern till I actually finished sewing the bag, but I love how it turned out. It's from a pattern called The Professional Tote, and every bit is reinforced. It makes a lovely carrying case for my laptop and my lunch and all sorts of other things.. so I just HAD to show it off.
I can't promise to be as interesting a blogger as my friends Susan, Jan and Valeri, but I will try to keep up. Off to find more pictures to bore you with.. I mean, to share.
Catch you later !
Deb

3 comments:

Butterfly said...

LUV IT LUV IT
Glad you are back
Dont' stop now!
MORE MORE MORE
Have miss'd ya

Val said...

Good to see you are back. Don't disappear! Want more!

SewIknit2 said...

yay! welcome back! it does seem daunting to come "back" to a blog after a break, but your posts are well worth waiting for esp. the pics! and the quilty stuff! more! more! I'm with Wilda and Val! xx
Sue