Thursday, November 6, 2008

catching up


I've been trying to get organized for the past two weeks and clear out old email digests, and move embroidery files to one location, etc.. I'm also working on some UFO's and getting ready to spend winter with my DH in another state, so I've got a lot of projects in various stages. Most recent is a pictorial quilt I want to do for a gift for someone special. I went thru old photos and memorabilia this week, sorting and trying to find the perfect pics. I love this one.. it's DH's mum and her siblings.. MIL is seated beside her brother, probably trying to make him sit still and quit swinging his leg.

I found letters from my aunts and cards from friends, and old school papers of my son's.. great reading..

Hopefully once I get some of these things done I can post pics of what I have done. Maybe it will motivate me to do more. And maybe even blog more, lol..

4 comments:

SewIknit2 said...

Thats SEW spooky! I've been clearing emails too!! and sorting through stash to get organised - I wish I was leaving for the winter too, I'm fed up already!!
Hope the winter is good for you both!
Looking forward to yummy details on the special quilty project, the photo is great - nice bit of family history too!
Hugs! Sue

Erika said...

I love to see this quilt when it done. I've cleaned all my stuff this past summer and was taking at least one garbage bag full to Goodwill each week. I even finished cleaning out my sewing stuff and gave away lots of stuff.
Its a job thats takes awhile.

Val said...

Glad to see you are blogging again! It's fun doing these memory quilts. I shall look forward to seeing yours when it's done. I seem to spend my whole life clearing and sorting. It's a bit like painting the Forth bridge (a long bridge in Scotland) - as soon as it's done it's time to start again!
hugs
Val

makeitsew07 said...

wow, three comments.. I gotta enable something here so I can see these when they are posted..
Sue? Erika ? Val ? One of you must know how to do that? You all are such good bloggers...
Erika, I had a blast laughing with you in the parking lot tonight..
I'll post pics of the quilt when I get some more done.. maybe Friday.
Deb