Saturday, September 1, 2007

Aquamarine quilt sampler


Here is the sampler that I call the Quilt from H*ll. It was nearly impossible to create the block in the software and split it back up again, which was what the plan was to be..... I created a 15 inch hoop in the software so I could plan out the block the way it was supposed to be, then split it for the megahoop. My megahoops lined up fine, but then putting it all back together was not so fun. Next time I will use those basting lines for sure!

Been working on cleaning up files in the computer today and tonite I plan to go visit DH at the cottage where he stays when he's "on call".. it's a bit primitive there and the water spits and gurgles for ages before it comes on, but that's how it is sometimes. The place in New York had no hot water at all when the beauty shop downstairs was open.. nor did it have heat, on the coldest day of the year.. brrrr. I sat stitching beside the oven and wished we had one of those old black woodstoves to sit by instead!!
That sampler I am making for the shop is nearly done but I had to rip out a lot of stitching where the fancy stitch decided to stay in one place and stitch over and over again.. grr. Same thing happened in a different direction with a different stitch but it was in the same spot on the fabric.. so I think perhaps something happened with the two fusibles overlapping on the batik. I will post a picture of that when it's done... hopefully in a couple of days. I'm trying to get back into the sewing groove and spend less time on the computer but am failing miserably.

5 comments:

SewIknit2 said...

I absolutely love the colours and the photo was nice and clear to show the detail!
I must get back to trying my quilt-skills! You've inspired me to look again, in particular incorporating mach emb too!

Val said...

This is so lovely and the colours are divine. I must study it in more detail.

Val said...

And I meant to say did you digitise all that yourself? It is fantastic! Makes me want to get out my embroidery unit and start making stuff. Except I'm without a software program for digitising! :-(

SewIknit2 said...

What happened to your software programme Val?

makeitsew07 said...

LOL no, Val I didn't digitise that myself.. YIKES.. it was from the book Aquamarine Ambience by Simon and Jenny Haskins. I don't know who did the digitising but it has some problems and when using some of the mirroring tools in Artista the underlay would stitch last!!
I wish I could have got it to line up better too. But my skills are improving.
Hope you can get your v3 working again.. I do know someone in Brum who might help, gg tho she does sell Janomes now !!