Sunday, June 15, 2008

more warm wishes

Here's another quilt with that Warm Wishes pattern. This one is with Christmas fabric that recently arrived at the store where I work. I did this for a store sample. I wish I'd thought it out a little better because the two greens are so close in shade that you lose some of that great framing, but it still makes a nice quilt.

I've been trying to quilt the other one with the BSR (Bernina Stitch Regulator) but it was slow going, but I recently had an old Singer machine redone so it has no feed dogs and a permanent quilting foot. Ron at Cote Brothers had designed his Cote Quilter10 that way, and he did a great job for me so I could put it on my Handi Quilter frame I've had for years.. Now if I can get used to the foot pedal and keep an even speed..

5 comments:

SewIknit2 said...

wow! can I send all my quilts to you? no! wait! I mean can YOU send all your quilts to ME!
Can't wait to hear how you get on with the adapted Singer!
Sue

Val said...

What a brilliant idea! I am now kicking myself for getting rid of my two old Singers! Silly me! There will be no stopping you now!

makeitsew07 said...

sorry.. never got notified of comments. :((
I am finding it challenging to learn the correct foot pressure and speed for moving the machine to get the shapes I want. Some of the little leaves I am attempting are turning out a bit squarish or strange.. but I soldier on, lol. I've finished one side border and have rolled the quilt to start another area. At this rate I may be finished by 2010. LOL
Once I get the hang of it, I think I will love doing this, but at present there are lots of unfinished projects cluttering the table under the quilt so I can't move the machine. Time to clean up a bit, methinks...

quiltingseagull said...

Looks like a great set up!

makeitsew07 said...

Thanks, Cheryl. Right now it's piled up with projects, lol.. but I plan to get back to it this week. I'm using the BSR to add stippling to the Delectable Mts quilt because I didn't quilt those embroidered feather motifs close enough together. Live and learn, lol.
Deb